John has handled all manner of construction law engagements, including contract drafting, contract controversies, construction liens, coverage disputes, delay claims, surety disagreements, and condominium demands. He has represented owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sureties, and insurance carriers.
He has appeared before administrative bodies, arbitration panels, and state and federal courts. He has lectured locally and nationally on construction topics of current interest, and often been involved in multi-party litigation.
John graduated from Christopher Columbus High School, Loyola University in New Orleans, magna cum laude, and Tulane Law School.
- Author and Lecturer “Construction Insurance, Bonding and Liens”, Lorman Educational Services, 2006
- Author and Lecturer “Construction Insurance, Bonding and Liens”, Lorman Educational Services, 2005
- Co-Author “Liability of Performance Bond Surety”, The Law of Performance Bonds, ABA, 1999
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Member, Fidelity & Surety Committee
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member, Construction Committee
- American Bar Association, Member, Forum Committee on Construction
- Surety Claims Institute, Member
- National Bond Claims Association
- Dade County Bar Association, Member, Construction Law Committee
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
email@example.com | 305.347.5279
- B.B.A. , 1978, Loyola University, magna cum laude
- J.D., 1982, Tulane Law School
- Florida, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Federal Claims Court