About Larry Cook
Licensed in Florida since 1977, Larry is a skilled and seasoned litigation attorney. He has advocated and tried matters before state and federal courts as well as arbitration and administrative panels, and has been awarded an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Larry has litigated construction claims of all sizes and exposures, representing clients and their insurers encountering various legal challenges in the construction industry, from the analysis and defense of construction contracts, bonds and liens to handling defect, warranty and delay claims. With a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Central Florida and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law, Larry is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, and Florida’s state courts and has over 40 years of courtroom experience.
- B.A., 1974, University of Central Florida
- J.D., 1977, University of Miami School of Law
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Represented contractor on a defect claim related to the maintenance of structural concrete components for a major South Florida hospital;
- Initiated litigation on behalf of marine contractor involving contract disputes on hurricane restoration project in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba;
- Represented structural engineer in defense of property damage resulting from alleged professional malpractice in the design of a high-rise commercial, condominium and parking structure in South Florida;
- Represented architect in the arbitration of design and construction disputes involving the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami;
- Defended contractor in condominium defect litigation regarding claims for property damage resulting from alleged structural shell construction defects.