About Jose Llerena
Jose has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1994. He has extensive experience in the areas of commercial litigation and business law, advocating for clients in state and federal courts in Florida. Jose has represented clients before the Third and Fourth District Court of Appeals of Florida as well as the United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. With years spent as associate general counsel at several notable businesses, including a specialty contractor focusing on communications and utility infrastructure, Jose has not only drafted and negotiated significant contracts but he has litigated lien and bond claims at both the trial and appellate levels.
Jose graduated from Christopher Columbus High School and holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Miami as well as a Juris Doctor degree from St. Thomas University School of Law. Jose is fully bilingual.
- B.S., 1991 University of Miami
- J.D., 1994 St. Thomas University School of Law
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- As in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 publicly traded specialty construction contractor he successfully negotiated and managed construction contracts with owners and subcontractors as well as addressing lien and bond claims;
- Successfully represented clients before the Miami-Dade County Building Department, Unsafe Structures Board, preventing demolition of buildings that were red tagged;
- Favorably litigated a number of defect issues;
- Represented multi-unit property owners in residential and commercial landlord/tenant eviction and defense actions;
- Set aside a trial court summary judgment against a corporate officer/qualifier and prevailed on appeal;
- Represented several corporate clients before the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Florida Commission on Human Relations;
- Conducted audits of corporate client’s national offices to ensure compliance with federal employment law including meeting of employment eligibility requirements.