Jessica A. Goldfarb
About Jessica A. Goldfarb
Jessica joined our firm with exceptional academic credentials and diversified experience in both legal and business development fields including a clerkship for the Honorable Judge Merrilee Ehrlich of the 17th Judicial Circuit.
Graduating magna cum laude in the top 5% of her class from Nova Southeastern University, Jessica has spent her legal career focused on construction law disputes, representing contractors, sub contractors and suppliers in a large variety of matters from defect and warranty claims to lien, bond and payment issues.
Prior to attending law school Jessica lived and worked overseas in business development for an exclusive manufacturers’ representative agency. She worked with international suppliers and conducted negotiations for sales contracts with local sellers and distributors and successfully assisted a number of growing businesses to flourish in the local market.
- B.A., Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
- J.D., 2015, Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, Magna Cum Laude
- Florida’s state courts
- Represent one of Florida’s largest construction equipment dealers in bringing as well as defending actions involving lien foreclosures and breach of contract action;
- Represent contractor and brought lien foreclosure action against general contractor and owner arising from a multi-million dollar project dispute resulting in full recovery settlement from general contractor;
- Represented cast stone and masonry contractor in action against surety on eight-figure bond and obtained full recovery settlement, which included full recovery of legal fees;
- Represented asphalt contractor in action against City for breach of contract arising from client’s work on road resurfacing project;
- Defense counsel for contractor in appellate level litigation after successfully obtaining final judgment in favor of contractor in civil theft action against insurance adjuster;
- Successfully negotiated, on numerous occasions, six-figure settlements for construction equipment dealer client;
- Drafted and continuously modified construction client’s form contracts for use for client equipment business as well as forming and shoring business;
- Drafted construction equipment lessor’s credit application and personal guaranty forms;
- Assisted lead counsel in representing court-appointed custodian of two affiliated corporations with multi-million dollar assets facing dissolution as a result of shareholder deadlock;
- Co-counsel to a court-appointed Receiver charged with bringing a large Miami-Dade condominium community back to health, successfully collecting in excess of $800,000.00 in delinquent maintenance assessments;
- Successfully represented a large and well known Florida retail corporation in trademark infringement dispute involving a competitor entity based in Texas;
- Represented seller in transfer of intellectual property rights in $60 million real estate transaction of a well known property located in Miami, Florida.
Recognition, Awards And Certifications
- Dean’s Scholarship, 3 Full Years
- Dean’s List throughout law school
- Nova Trial Association, Advocate