About Brandon Deegan
Brandon is a construction and civil litigator who has successfully tried both jury and bench trials to verdict. He represents contractors, developers, property owners, and professionals in prosecuting and defending claims, and has developed a reputation for his effective litigation style. He has recovered millions of dollars in damages for his clients and successfully defended clients in complex litigation.
His hard work and successes have been recognized by his awards and ratings, including Martindale-Hubbell's coveted "AV Preeminent" rating as well as Avvo's Five-Star “Clients’ Choice Award”.
Brandon is a Florida native and has lived in Miami for more than ten years. He studied archaeology and business administration at the University of Florida and is an alumnus of the oldest and largest business fraternity in the world.
- B.A., 2009, University of Florida
- J.D., 2014, University of Miami School of Law, Trial Team Competitor
- Florida’s State Courts
- Colorado’s State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Recovered nearly two-million dollars in damages in a civil lawsuit settlement in 2020.
- Served as counsel for a real estate developer, litigating more than twenty lawsuits including derivative litigation, construction litigation, condominium litigation, and other matters.
- Assisted in negotiations pertaining to a federal lawsuit that sought nearly a billion dollars related to property that was wrongfully seized.
- Litigated more than forty federal lawsuits, recovering hundreds of thousands of dollars for clients who alleged they were not paid for work completed.
- Successfully obtained a ‘spoliation’ ruling in federal court due to an opposing parties’ destruction of evidence, leading to a favorable inference in favor of our client prior to trial.
- Won a 4-hour oral argument, setting the stage for a global settlement of ten federal cases, and obtained favorable U.S. Southern District of Florida opinions on issues of first impression.
- Obtained an award-winning jury verdict in 2018.
- Recovered damages for clients in litigation against multiple Fortune 100 companies.
- Defended business and its owners against allegations of tens of millions of dollars of fraud, racketeering, and other claims pertaining to property development.
- Defended a contentious lawsuit involving a derivative claim for more than five years with the result that multiple clients and causes of action were dismissed.
Recognition, Awards & Certifications
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent)
- Avvo’s Five Star “Clients’ Choice” Award